Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Family Reunion 2010!

A couple weekends ago we had our Annual Powers
Family Reunion.
On Saturday we did something different and went
to Steadman's where they have a couple of big
water slides and a Zip Line.
Here's Tiffany and Dubby cruising down the slide.

Isaac cracked me up because he had his own agenda
and schedule - which was pretty laid back.

Todd and Tina were always cruising by fast!

Here is Cade, Cory, Cody, and Landon!  I'm thinking
Jakson was thrown off back up at the top , or

I think I might see his ear and swimsuit behind 
Cade.

Here is Tyler and Jill going
obviously way too fast!  This was
pre-wipeout!  Luckily we didn't get
a picture of the tragedy or Jill's
black butt she had on Sunday!

Landon looks a little terrified - he's
holding on for dear life.

Ok - so Tami and Curtiss always made
it too the bottom of the slide - so you
had to make sure you were totally out
of the way when they came down.

Hannah and Bailey cruising down the
slide.  They were having a great time!


Then came the zip line - Jakson
did this is Costa Rica last year - but
I'm thinking it was a little safer being
harnessed in.  This one you had to
use your feet to stop at the bottom.

McKell tried it and it looks like a
she's going a long for the ride.
This one scared me a little.  She really
wanted to go on the zip-line - but
couldn't reach it at the top.  Finally
figured it out.   I like how she even
points her toes while she's riding.
That's a good gymnast habit!

Justin was so happy again to be at the Family
Reunion.  He was just kickin back and showing some
muscle.
Then for dinner we had some delicious dutch oven
cooking - compliments of Wes! There was chicken,
and Prime Rib, pork, potatoes, corn bread and
apple cobbler - which I'm still really bitter about
because it was all gone when I went to get some.
Next year you'll have to do more desert Wes!
While the rest of us were eating the
delicious dinner - Dubby was eating
his Easy Mac!  Really Dubby - you
need to get out more!

Here is the Lucy doodle - she still doesn't like the
Family Reunions!  She was nicknamed the "Beast"
because she barked at everyone and made Katie
pee her pants at least once.

We had breakfast on Sunday morning and once again
look whose in front of the line. Grandma Nanny - I'm

pretty sure she smacked a couple of kids on the
head with her cane so she could be in front!  Still
causing trouble at 88 years old!
See you again next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment