Thursday, June 2, 2011

Surfer Girl


When we were in
San Diego for Westerns
it was also Hannah's
13th Birthday.
Kevin found out that
the hotel we were
staying at offered
surfing lessons.
He asked Hannah if
she wanted to learn
to surf - of course
the answer was
"YES!"

After I saw her surf teacher
I kicked myself for a good
hour wondering why I
didn't go with her!!
Her teacher was really
nice (and cute).


This was her first
try getting up.

Her second try.

Her third try.....

Fourth time she was
up and surfing.
Hannah picked it up
so quick!! I've heard
people say that they've
gone out and never
gotten up the whole day.
Probably doesn't hurt
that it's just like a really
wide balance beam to
her.
One of the other
surf teachers came and
asked me if Hannah
was mine??
I said yes - he said
"she is really good!"

It's all about finding the
right wave and
being patient.

A couple of times
she did some
tricks and
jumped and
turned to the
other side.

The surf teacher
tried to get her to
do a handstand
on one of the rides,
but she chickened
out.  She saw a
Quicksilver poster
later with a girl
doing a handstand
and said she
should have done it!
Next time!!

The next couple of
days later she would
look in surf shops
and look at
surfboards!
She doesn't
understand that
surfboards are
not easily
"carried-on"
the plane.


Hannah's newest
goal is that after
her gymnastics
career she will
move to California
to be a "Surfer
Girl" and run her
cupcake business
on the beach!
Sounds good to me!


No comments:

Post a Comment