| We decided that we would do a road trip to the beach this year - because it might be the last time we can go to the beach, if the house gets sold. |
| Our first stop was to see Grandma Nanny. She was looking mighty fine. A little concerned that we might not leave in time for her to go to dinner, but we got in some good gossip. |
| We stopped in Pendleton to get some lunch. I'm pretty sure I took a picture of the little saloon we ate at, but it's not on the camera?? Weird. Then we went to the Woolen Mills before leaving town. |
| This is what happens when you ask 5 times in an hour, how much longer until we get to Portland. Sooner or later you wear yourself out. |
| We got a lemon curd cupcake and a fig cupcake. They were pretty good. Dense like the Sweet Tooth Fairy's. |
| One day we took the four kids and went to Fort Clatsop for some good history. |
| This was the outside of the Fort. It wasn't very big. I think there were 6 rooms that bunked 8 men in each. |
| Fire pit in the middle of the room. |
| There were a couple of men showing how to do wood work. |
| This was one of the boats that they used that sits on the land now. Not sure how they got it in the water. That thing looks really heavy. |
| This is one morning when Hannah and I went walking on the beach. It's usually really foggy, but there was blue sky and a little sun showing through. |
| Seagulls |
| Sand castle. |
| This is the rock that we named starfish rock. |
| When the tide goes out, you can go right up to it and see all the starfish, fish, sea creatures. |
| They are pretty cool - but freaky. |
| Walking buddy. |
| One day we went to Tillamook. The kids love to go watch them make cheese, eat cheese sandwiches, and buy squeaky cheese. |
| I love the cute little signs and brochures they had back in the day. |
| Everything is better with cheese on it. Kevin got some habanero cheese this time - it is sooo hot, but sooo good. |
| I made these three get in the TIllamook van. I really think I need an orange one like this to drive girls to gymnastics! |
| Jakson looks thrilled. I think they were all safer with Hannah driving. |
| After Tillamook, we went to the Cape Meares Lighthouse. |
| It's a cute little lighthouse with a great view. |
| The girls are getting tired of walking. |
| Top of the lighthouse. |
| Hannah took pictures of the daisies. |
| I think Emma is really starting to wonder why she came with us. |
| Little lighthouse. |
| Not sure what is happening here. |
| Hike back to the car. |
| This was my artsy picture the night before we left. Raven on the post. |
| After we left the beach we headed sort of back home. |
| We stopped at Crater Lake. Honestly - the water was really this color. It was a volcano that blew and then formed a lake. |
| Why do I always get duck lips from Hannah? |
| Snow still along the ridge of the lake. |
| And that was the |
| end of our |
| road trip!! |
| Except for the bazillion hour drive back home!! |
No comments:
Post a Comment